This past summer, Ronald and Lynn Mitchem were in the market for a new roof and supplied Native Roofing with a list of criteria for what they wanted.
- A maintenance-free roof
- A metal roof with the longest life expectancy (approximately 40 years)
- A roof that could be completed right away (concrete tile wait times are now anywhere from 3 to 6 months)
- A roof with that beautiful South Florida look to it
Initial Challenges – With their wishes known, our team was ready to get to work, with Jim Anderson (Sales) and Darryl Vojtasek (Reroof Pro Supervisor) spearheading the project. Upon the reroof proposal, however, we found multiple leaks that needed to be addressed right away and before any new work could begin.
Solution – “We made all necessary temporary roof repairs for them at no charge once they signed the contract with us. We advised them to let us know if they had any other issues before the roof was started and we would be right out to address any issues. They did have questions throughout the roofing process and Darryl was there to help answer any questions or concerns they had.” – Jim Anderson
Implementation Process – After discussing roofing options based on their criteria, the Mitchem’s decided on a white standing seam metal roof.Here’s what took place next:
- Replaced all rotten wood and re-nailed all sheathing to current codes
- Installed GAF Versashield Fire Barrier and 30lb base sheet
- Installed Polyglass TU Plus underlayment over base sheet for an additional water barrier
- Installed GulfLok 26 GA standing seam metal panels, boots, and vents
Duration of the Project – This metal reroof project took three weeks to complete once the actual roof work began, including dried in, measured/product ordered/delivered, and the roof’s final approval by the City.
The Outcome – A very happy customer with a beautiful metal roof with that “South Florida” charm! The Mitchem’s new roof has the highest wind resistance available, helping keep them safe from hurricanes and the South Florida weather elements.
In business for nearly 25 years and serving Davie to Palm Beach and beyond, our Native Roofing experts will guide you in choosing the best roofing solution to meet your home’s needs. If you’re considering a reroof, contact us today at (954) 236-9986 for your FREE estimate.