As the days get shorter and the weather starts to cool down, it’s time to start thinking about fall roof maintenance. The cooler temps on the way could produce algae, mold, and lichen build-up on your roof. What should you do to combat potential roof issues due to South Florida’s “fall” weather?!
Our team at Native Roofing has comprised a checklist of to-dos to ensure your roof is safe and secure this fall. Follow these tips and you’ll be able to rest easy knowing that your home is protected from the elements.
Fall Roof Maintenance Checklist:
- Safely inspect your roof for any damage that may have occurred over the summer. Using a stable ladder, browse for missing or damaged shingles, loose flashing, and any other signs of roof damage. If you find any damage, make sure to repair it as soon as possible to prevent further damage from occurring. Signs of roof damage may include:
- Mold or mildew
- Water damage on the ceiling
- Wear and tear
- Visible damage like holes or broken shingles
- Clean out your gutters and downspouts. Leaves and other debris can accumulate in your gutters and cause them to become clogged. This can lead to water damage to your roof or even flooding in your home.
- Trim any trees or shrubs that are close to your roof. Overhanging branches can damage your roof if they fall during a storm. They can also provide a way for animals to get onto your roof and cause damage.
- Inspect your chimney and make sure there is no debris blocking the flue. This can cause dangerous gases to build up in your home.
- Check for any cracks or holes in your exterior walls. These can let water and pests into your home, causing damage.
As a licensed and insured South Florida roofing company, we’ll always recommend hiring a professional roofer local to you. If you’re native to Broward or Palm Beach Counties and nearby, we hope you’ll give us the chance to tackle your roof repairs or reroofing project.
Your roof will be in top condition this fall if you follow these simple tips. Questions about fall roof maintenance or ready to move forward with your roof repairs? Contact Native Roofing today – it’s our job to keep your home safe and secure.
We look forward to hearing from you soon. Let’s get your roofing project on the calendar for this year or early 2023!
Palm Beach: 561-469-7930